Attorney Patrick Anderson earned his Juris Doctor of law degree from the University of Richmond in 1988. In law school, Mr. Anderson was a member of the law school’s National Moot Court team and won the Best Brief Award in the National Moot Court competition. Upon graduation from law school, he opened a law firm practicing in criminal defense. This firm has grown to be one of the most experienced criminal defense law firms in Virginia that practices solely criminal defense.
Mr. Anderson has litigated thousands of cases all across the Commonwealth of Virginia, as well as in several Federal District Courts. These cases include but are not limited to DUI/DWI, first-degree murder, rape, sexual offenses against adults and children, child pornography, malicious wounding, drug cases, theft, and all misdemeanors and traffic offenses.
Patrick Anderson is very active in his community, having served on many boards and commissions including the following:
- Board of Directors, American Civil Liberties Union of Virginia (ACLU)
- Member, Criminal Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Fairfax County Bar Association
- Member, Alexandria Bar Association
- Member, Virginia Bar Association
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Vice Chairperson, Alexandria Redevelopment and Housing Authority
- Co-Chairperson, Alexandria Economic Opportunities Commission
- Vice Chairperson, Advisory Board for Alexandria Project Discovery, an organization dedicated to making college more accessible for youth
- Alexandria United Way Executive Committee
- President, Alexandria Symphony Orchestra Board of Trustees
- Vice President, Hopkins House Association, an organization providing high quality early learning opportunities to less affluent children and their families