Sex Crimes Defense Attorney
Being charged with a sexual crime requires an attorney who will deal with their client with compassion and without judgment. Because society looks down on these crimes, simply being charged with a sexual offense can have life-altering consequences. No matter what type of sex crimes you have been charged with, our sex crime lawyers will listen and give you the best advice possible. They will fight to keep these charges off your record and prevent conviction on these serious charges.
These charges are often very complex and have many layers of psychological and emotional issues. They require attorneys with the experience to successfully adjudicate. The legal issues surrounding these cases must be weighed in relation to the situation, the person and the family involved. You need to be certain that any attorney you retain to represent you has experience in successfully handling these cases. The Law Offices of Patrick N. Anderson and Associates has over 28 years of successfully representing clients accused of sex crimes.
Some types of sexual crime cases we defend:
- Rape: If you force another person to have sex against his or her will using force, a threat or intimidation you may be facing rape charges. You may face charges if the person says no or is unable to say no due to the effects of drugs or alcohol or because they have a physical or mental disability. Rape can also be a crime when it happens within a marriage, if the sexual encounter is not consensual.
- Sexual Abuse: If you are accused of engaging in sexual conduct with a minor, the court system will come at you with everything it has. We have handled numerous such cases, and implore you to never hire an attorney for such cases unless he or she has extensive experience in this area of the law. Prosecutors that handle these cases have very specialized experience, and so do we.
- Child Pornography: If you have been charged with child porn possession or distribution, you are facing very disproportionately severe penalties. Chances are that your computer has been seized, and is being analyzed by forensic experts. We have handled numerous such cases, and have been successful in having charges dropped, or achieving not guilty verdicts at trial by having our experts challenge the evidence and how it was obtained.
- Prostitution: Anyone who offers, agrees to, or engages in a sexual act for money or another form of payment, unless forced to do so, may be charged with prostitution. If convicted, this is a class 1 misdemeanor. No matter which side of the transaction you are on, these charges can ruin a person’ reputation and end a family or career. We will work tirelessly to keep this conviction off your record.
- Indecent Exposure: If you have purposefully and obscenely displayed your private parts, including your genitals, buttocks or breasts in public, you may be charged with indecent exposure. If you have any contact with the victim, you may also face sexual assault charges. If you are breastfeeding your infant, however, you cannot be charged with indecent exposure. If you are convicted of indecent exposure, it is a class 1 misdemeanor and is punishable by up to one year in jail and a $2,500 fine. These crimes can happen inadvertently or
- Sexual Assault: If you subject another person to unwanted or offensive sexual contact, you may be facing sexual assault charges. In addition, depending on the specific incident, you may also face assault and/or rape charges.
In cases of sexual offenses, we need to understand how and why the incident may have occurred. We work with a team of experts, including counselors to understand and best plan your defense. We will be sympathetic so you never have to be embarrassed in speaking with us about your situation.
If you are facing a sexual offense charge, you need a team who is experienced and well-versed in the Virginia legal system. The Law Offices of Patrick N. Anderson and Associates have the expertise to fight effectively for your rights and freedom. We treat you as a member of our family and will fight for the best possible outcome in your case.